This statement covers how the National Bible Study Club (NBSC) will use personal information that is collected when you use the website. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The National Bible Study Club (NBSC) is a faith based organization that seeks to encourage young people in the study of the Holy Bible and the Christian faith.
What is collected
The NBSC website does not store or capture any personal information when someone visits the website.
However the system will record personal information if you:
- Provide information by filling in a form on our site
- Subscribe, register or apply for services that require personal information to be given
If you supply us with any personal data it will be stored in a secure database hosted on a secure site which may be owned or operated by a third party of our choice.
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the requirements of the relevant Irish legislation, namely the Irish Data Protection Act (1988), and the Irish Data Protection (Amendment) Act (2003), and the General Data Protection Regulation (2018)
A persistent cookie will be downloaded when you first visit the website. These remain in your browser between sessions. This type of cookie will allow us to identify repeat visitors to the website. Persistent cookies are also used to allow registered users to use the site without logging in every visit.
Any information gathered from cookies on the website does not identify you personally. You may disable cookies but some functions of the website may not function properly.
Third party cookies
If you click on the links to social media from the website (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube or Google+), the web sites you are taken to will place their cookies on your device. NBSC has no control over this.
What we will do with your information
We will use your personal data as follows:
- to provide you with information, materials, products, services or resources that you request, or register for, from us
- Provide you and/or your child access to on-line Bible lessons
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of the website
- for internal administration
Who we may share your information with
We will only share your information with third parties to allow us to perform the services you have requested.
These third parties include:
- Trusted partners who can help us maintain contact with you including email and data storage;
- Trusted partners who provide web-based services such as the on-line Bible lessons.
- Revenue Commissioners, for example, for the processing of tax rebate on donations;
- Law enforcement agencies where we are compelled to share requested information;
- We will only work with third parties we are confident will respect your personal information
We will never sell your details to a third party.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information as long as is necessary to provide you with the information or service you have requested from us. We will only keep your information after this period to meet any legal obligations.
Access to information
You may request details of any personal data we hold about you. You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted from our database.
It is intended that by complying with these guidelines, the NBSC will adhere to best practice regarding the applicable Data Protection legislation
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the information we collect and process about you, please contact The National Bible Study Club at Glen Maris House, Eaton Wood Grove, Shankill, Dublin D18 WK27 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated November 2019, May 2021